Tralee Family Planning, Women's Health & Sexual Health Clinic at The Ashe Street Clinic
Dr. Karen Soffe, Dr Kevin Ryle, Dr David Buckley, Nurse Mary Cullen-Sheehan and Nurse Catherine Doyle provide a comprehensive range of health services for women including:
- All aspects of family planning, including coil (IUD) fitting and insertion of implants.
- Pre-natal screen for women planning a baby.
- Free pregnancy testing for all patients.
- Counselling for women with an unplanned pregnancy.
- Maternity care.
- Antinatal education classes
- Support for breastfeeding mothers.
- Post-natal care for mothers and babies.
- Psychosexual counselling
- Cancer screening (breast examination and cervical smear testing).
- Hormonal treatment for the menopause, premenstrual tension etc.
- Full medical and gynaecological check up (Medicheck and Femcheck)
Intimate examinations such as cervical smears or breast examinations are normally carried out by our Practice Nurses or one of our Doctors who is normally chaperoned by one of our Practice Nurses during these procedures. Women are welcome to bring a friend or relative with them if they wish for any intimate examinations or procedures.