Welcome to the general information section
Welcome to the general information section of the web site. Here you can find information on many aspects of the Ashe Street Clinic, including opening hours, appointments, parking and more. Take a look at the sections below, some them you will see have further information that can be accessed by clicking the 'read more' button. If you have any questions or if we can be of assistance please feel to contact us directly.
Consulations are by appointment only.
Our office hours are:
Monday - Friday : 9am - 6pm
For out of hours emergencies please phone SouthDoc:
1850 335 999
We run an appointment only system for your convenience. This avoids you being unduly delayed in our waiting room. If you need to see any of us in The Ashe Street Clinic, please phone or drop in in advance to make an appointment for a mutually convenient time. When making your appointment, please give the receptionist a brief description of your problem so that she can suggest the most appropriate person for you to see and how long your appointment should be.
Your Medical Card will have Dr. Buckley, Dr Ryle or Dr Soffe’s name on it. However, as well as being able to see your own doctor, you can also make an appointment to see any of the other doctors in the clinic or our practice nurses with your Medical Card.
Fees are charged according to what procedures are done and the length of time it takes. Ask at reception for further details. All fees payable are tax allowable and some are eligible for reimbursement through VHI, AVIVA or work insurance schemes
The Ashe Street Clinic
** Price List – 2023 for Private Patients
Fees are charged according to the time allocated, investigations performed or treatment given. Below is a rough guide to approximate fees. If you have any queries regarding fees, please discuss them with your doctor or the receptionist.
- *GP consultation €55
- *3rd Level student GP consultation (20% off) now only €45
- *Nurse consultation €40
- Blood with Phlebotomist €30 (€15 with medical card)
- Dental consultation (Initial assessment) €50
- Medicheck €225
- Dermatology consultation from €130
- Allergy tests from €140
- Removal of hand warts from €130 per session
(Less if you have private health insurance)
- *Implanon fitting (Free if 18-26 years old or with medical card) €85
- *IUD fitting €140 (Free if 18-26 years old or less with medical card (includes follow-up visit)
- Sexually transmitted disease screen €100 (includes 1 telephone follow-up)
- *24hour blood pressure €90 (includes batteries)
- *Sick cert €15
- *Repeat prescription €15-€20
- *Flu vaccine €25-free for medical card holders
- Botox from €130
• *Some of these items are free if you have a medical card with us
• Prices may change without notice.
• Extra fees may apply if samples are taken for the lab, for injection treatment, nebulizers, etc.
• Please phone or email if you would like prices for many of the other procedures we provide.
• All medical fees are TAX allowable and some may be reclaimable from private health insurance. (e.g. VHI, LAYA, Irish Life, ESB, Garda Medical Aid)
• See our website for more details on the services we offer: www.theashestreetclinic.com and www.kerryskinclinic.ie
THE ASHE STREET CLINIC OFFERS THE FOLLOWING FREE SERVICES:
- FREE PREGNANCY TESTS
- FREE MATERNITY CARE
- FREE CERVICAL SMEARS FOR ALL WOMEN 25-64 YRS OLD
- FREE CHILDHOOD VACCINATIONS
- FREE FLU VACCINES FOR EVERYONE OVER 70 YEARS OLD AND ALL MEDICAL CARD/DOCTOR VISITOR CARD HOLDERS
- FREE ADVICE ON VACCINATIONS AND ANTI-MALARIAL REQUIREMENTS FOR FOREIGN TRAVEL
- FREE WART/VERRUCA REMOVAL FOR PATIENTS WITH PRIVATE HEALTH INSURANCE
- FREE HEALTHCARE FOR ALL PATIENTS WITH A CURRENT MEDICAL CARD OR DOCTOR VISIT CARD WHO ARE REGISTERED WITH THIS CLINIC
ASK AT RECEPTION DESK FOR FURTHER DETAILS OR
TEL: 066 712 5611
2 hour street parking discs are available from a street vending machine accross the road from the clinic on Ashe Street. We also recommend the multistore car parks in Edward Street (pedestrian link to Ashe Street via Pound Lane) and the multistorey car park on Maine Street.
If you do your shopping in Dunnes Stores or Lidl, you receive two hours free parking in their carpark. We are in close walking proximity from these two stores.
House calls can be arranged for house bound, invalided or critically ill patients only. All other patients, including sick children, should attend The Ashe Street Clinic where they can be examined, investigated and treated thoroughly.
Emergencies during office hours will be seen immediately in The Ashe Street Clinic without an appointment. If possible, phone in advance to let us know you are coming anf the nature of the problem. Out of office hours emergencies will be seen by the doctor "on call" in Southdoc - Phone 1850 335 999.
We will always respect your privacy, dignity, and your religious and cultural beliefs, particularly when intimate examinations are advisable. These will only be carried out with your express agreement.
If you are seeing the doctor for a mole check, a skin cancer check or a generalized rash, you may have to remove your clothing down to your underwear during the examination.
If you are seeing the doctor or nurse with a problem in your breast, groin or buttock (e.g. smear test, prostate or rectal examination, penis or vaginal problem) you may have to remove your underwear for the examination.
In both these circumstances you may bring a friend or relative with you during the examination (a chaperone).If you are unable to bring someone, you may request that the clinic provide a nurse or another trained staff member to attend with the doctor or nurse during an intimate examination.
In certain circumstances, the doctor or nurse may require a chaperone to join her/him during an intimate examination for your comfort and the safety of both you and the doctor/nurse.
You may request a chaperone when making the appointment or on arrival at the surgery (please let the receptionist know) or at any time during the consultation.